Latest News

Race Report: Wroxton

It was a turbulent start to round two of the BSMA Bridgestone national championship, with weather forcing organisers to suspend the racing until Sunday and implement a one-day programme. The track held up remarkably well considering the rain and snow (yes, snow) though.

Starting off with the AMX/Open class, where there were three different winners. Zac Stealey, Lee Truman and Harry Linton all took a race win each. But, by the end of the day, Linton and Truman would be tied on points and just two clear of Stealey. This result, when paired with his good points total from the opener, left Harry Linton in a great position in the championship. It’s that kind of consistency that has placed him as a favourite as the series moves onto round three.

The two stars of the show from round one in the seniors seemed to struggle, as Scarsbrook and Coombes were left down in eighth and ninth place respectfully. This did, however, leave room for Joe Cadwallader, as he stepped up to the plate and had great speed in the opening two races. He took the first race win by twelve seconds, but the second was a little more interesting for him. After a poor start he had to fight his way through the field before taking the lead on lap three, but he was then kept under constant pressure from James Bates who crossed the line just three seconds down.


Hanscomb had yet another solid weekend and will be looking forward to round three.

Track Side Photos

In the BW85 class it was a dominant display from Callum Beekan, he took all three race wins and obviously the overall. Hanscomb seemed to have the speed for second overall, but a poor second race cost him dearly and he had to settle for third. It was Billy Jones who was able to step up and fill that second place after a very consistent day with two thirds and a second.

Three different winners in the small wheel class kept the points tight, but Ben Watkins was able to do the best job with two second places and one race win. He took the overall ahead of Billy Duke, who won the first race but then had to settle for third in the remaining races. Harrison McCann improved in results as the day went on. He had an opportunity to win the first race, but a mistake on the last lap demoted him to ninth place. Harrison then improved to third in the second race, before taking the race win that he deserved in the final race of the day.

Tyler Smith and Lewis Roden were the class of the field in the junior class with Smith just taking the overall by two points with two wins and one second place. Roden was the guy who took the final race win, which will surely give him some confidence going into round three at FatCat. George Goodfellow rounded out the top three, followed by Keelan Hope and Ellis Poole.


Hope, the red plate holder, narrowly missed out on the podium.

Track Side Photos

Danny Webster was the best auto rider on the day with one third place and two firsts. You have to feel for Caiden Baile who rode brilliantly to win the first race, but a costly error at the start of the second race meant that thirtieth position was the best that he could do. This cost Baile valuable points and kept him out of the running for the overall. Also a mention to Mark Hucklebridge’s son Charlie, who took his first national podium and what is sure to be the first of many.

The next round of the championship is set to take place at the great facility of FatCat Moto Parc in four weeks. It’s sure to be another great round and the deep sand will test the riders to their limits.

Words: Scott Gower | Image: Trackside Photos

MX Vice Editor || 25

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *