…. just in case you’re not living in the UK!! Yep, the good old British Summer weather done it’s bit again in turning a great event into a washout. Saturday’s racing was great on a near perfect track. Sunday, there was no racing and here’s a statement from Events 22 and MC Federation head honcho Matt Bates explaining his decision to cancel.
Following a night of torrential rain we’ve been left with no choice but to cancel yesterday’s racing at Canada Heights.
While the track was rideable for the adult pro classes the infrastructure was badly waterlogged and we’ve been forced to make the tough call to pull the plug on Sunday’s schedule.
“Canada Heights is a great all-weather track,” says Matt, “but the amount of overnight rain on Saturday wreaked havoc. We could’ve scraped the top layer of mud off the track but where would we have put it? Then there are the teams and spectators to consider – we’re not prepared to run an event where we have to tow people in and out of the venue. It’s a potential health and safety nightmare.
“To say I’m disappointed is an understatement. So much time and effort goes into planning a Red Bull Pro National and it’s not a decision I take lightly but I was left with no choice.
“After pretty decent weather on Saturday – and after checking the forecast from the Met Office – I was optimistic we’d be good to go on Sunday but sadly that didn’t turn out to be the case.”
A decision on whether or not to rerun the event at a later date will be taken over the next few days. Advanced tickets purchased for the event will be refunded in due course as will Sunday’s rider entry fees.