When the all-new KX250XC and KX450XC were announced last week, most presumed that those would not make it across to Europe. Think again though! It has now been announced that the cross-country motorcycles will be available in Europe, specifically the United Kingdom.
Kawasaki Motors UK are pleased to announce that the all-new 2021 Kawasaki KX250XC and KX450XC cross-country racers will now be available in our market. Based on the highly advanced Kawasaki KX range, both of these cross-country motorcycles have received specific XC tuning that encompasses the engine, suspension, brakes, wheel size, gearing, enduro tyres, side stands and skid plates, making both the KX250XC and KX450XC more attractive for cross-country competitors.
Anticipated availability in the UK: November 2020.
Anticipated RRP for KX250XC: £7,599
Anticipated RRP for KX450XC: £7,999
XC Highlights shared by both models:
– Optimised engine maps deliver the ideal amount of useable power for XC riding situations.
– Large Diameter brakes with XC specific pads.
– Race-ready suspension directly from the KX250 (for the KX250XC) and KX450 (for the KX450XC), with spring rates and damping settings optimised for XC riding.
– XC-specific wheels (F21″/R18″) and Dunlop AT81 enduro-type tyres are well-suited to the situations encountered in XC riding.
– 51/13 final gearing (shorter than the 50/13 of the KX250 and KX450) facilitates rear wheel traction control in cross-country riding situations.
– KX factory-style skid plate and side stand are both standard equipment.
Other race-winning features shared by both models:
– Weight saving and high RPM performance thanks to MotoGP derived finger follower valve technology.
– Electric start making it as easy as pushing a button.
– Hydraulic clutch offering more direct feel and lighter lever action, plus race-long durability and reliability.
– Launch Control Mode gives riders the holeshot advantage.
– Exceptional ergonomics with adjustable handlebar and footpeg positions, plus a narrow frame and minimalistic bodywork.
– Plug-and-play engine mapping with DFI couplers (plugs) and precision tuning available when using the KX FI Calibration kit genuine accessory.
Words: Press Release | Lead Image: Kawasaki Motors