Husqvarna Motorcycles are proud to unveil their offroad model range for 2015. The brand encompasses a full line up of both motocross and enduro bikes plus a professional 85cc minicross machine.
Less than one year after the creation of Husqvarna Motorcycles GmbH (October 2013) and the launch of the ‘new era’ model range by Husqvarna, the Brand with Swedish origins introduces to the world media the new model year 15 model range.
Keeping A Promise
“When the new era of Husqvarna was announced it was done so with a promise of building a bright future while keeping focused on the brand’s rich heritage and tradition,” asserts Oliver Göhring, Husqvarna Motorcycles GmbH Managing Director.
“Now, one year on – and with a lot of exciting news and updates on the 2015 model range – we are keeping that promise. Husqvarna Motorcycles will continue to keep striding forward. We are building a promising future, ensuring a strong foothold in the market for many years to come.”
What’s New For 2015?
Motocross Model Range
For MY15 significant updates further develop the premium characteristics of the highly technological Husqvarna Motocross range. Maintaining its loyalty to two-stroke enthusiasts with the TC 125 and TC 250 and together with the four-stroke FC 250, FC 350 and FC 450, plus the TC 85 minicross, there is a model of choice for every age and ability level.
Important changes for 2015 see a new WP 4CS fork with improved damping specifically designed for Motocross. A new shock with 4mm more stroke, improved linkage geometry and a new 22mm front axle ensure optimum suspension and handling characteristics for MY15. The FC 250 and FC 350 also benefit from an improved clutch basket and spring design while the TC 85 receives a lighter swingarm.
From the lightweight and agile handling of the 2-strokes to the explosive power and all-round ability of the 4-strokes, every rider is sure to find a match in the MY15 Husqvarna Motocross range.
Enduro Model Range
Once again the Husqvarna line-up features a complete range of 2-stroke and 4-stroke Enduros in every category. From the light and super-agile TE 125 to the amazing power of the FE 501 there are seven models to cater the needs of the competitive racer or weekend trail rider.
Across the range the MY15 enduro models feature a new headlight and front fender with the triple clamps adapted for easier mounting. All models benefit from the WP 4CS closed cartridge front fork. The two-stroke range sees improved power delivery while the TE 250 and TE 300 receive a lighter, more efficient 3Ah battery. The FE 250 and FE 350 also benefit from an improved clutch basket and spring design while the FE 250 has a longer sixth gear for better transfer capabilities.
Traditional Principles, Premium Quality
“As the pioneers of motocross and with over 110 years of experience, Husqvarna Motorcycles pride itself on offering premium products to the offroad market,” confirms Managing Director Reinhold Zens.
“Through the efforts of Husqvarna’s Factory Racing teams in motocross, enduro and from 2015 also supercross, we are able to constantly develop and improve our products at the highest levels possible to ensure our customer base receives the most reliable and quality driven motorcycles possible. With chromium molybdenum steel frames, poylamide rear subframes, engines with peak performances in all displacements, the state-of-the-art WP 4CS front fork and rear suspension linkage on all of the enduro range, Husqvarna will remain at the top of the class with its MY15 range.”
Summary Of Changes And Improvements For MY15
- New WP 4CS fork have been specifically designed for Motocross with improved damping
- New 22mm front axle reduces unsprung weight and increases feeling
- New linkage geometry with optimized rising rate and weight reduction
- New shock with 4 mm more stroke and new setting
- New clutch basket and springs on the FC 250 & FC 350 saves weight and improves consistency
- New lighter swingarm on the TC 85
- New fork protectors easier to replace and maintain
- New handguards for better impact resistance
- New graphics differentiated from Enduro models
- New Neken handlebar and bar pad
- New headlight and mask for distinctive Husqvarna looks
- Same front fender as the Motocross bikes for easier mounting
- New CNC machined triple clamps adapted to new front fender
- All models feature the advanced WP 4CS closed cartridge front fork with four separate chambers
- New clutch basket and springs on the FE 250 & FE 350 saves weight and improves consistency
- The FE 250 features a longer sixth gear for better transfer capabilities
- New carburettor setting on the TE125 for better, smoother power delivery
- New power valve and carburettor setting on the TE 250 for better, smoother power delivery
- New shorter gearing on TE 250 & TE 300 electric starter aids better starting
- Both TE 250 and TE 300 feature a new, lighter, more efficient 3Ah battery
The new Husqvarna MY15 range is available from all authorized European Husqvarna Motorcycles dealers from July 2014.